7 Helpful Tips for Retirees
Updated: Aug 13, 2022
One of the biggest concerns for retirees is maintaining your independence and lifestyle by avoiding a nursing home. The good news is that it’s possible to utilize a few helpful services while you're retired that can help you stay in your home and maintain your independence for as long as possible.
1) Home Health Services - these companies will come by your house to help with laundry, cooking meals, companionship, transportation, cleaning, taking out the trash, or help with activities of daily living such as bathing. These companies are not able to assist with medical related treatments but are very helpful for an hourly rate.
2) Smart Home Features - these days a smart home can help make things easier around the house. This could be with making shopping lists using Alexa, using a robot vacuum, setting up automatic lighting features, activating motion sensor lighting, or simply controlling your thermostat with your phone. The costs to begin a smart home could be around $100-$200, but not every device or app is compatible with the other.
3) Adding Safety Features - having a handle bar near the stair case, in the bathroom or in the shower can help keep you safe while moving around the house. Ramps are also available for those dangerous staircases.
4) Apps On Your Portable Device - order groceries, request a ride, have a zoom call with a doctor, family member, or a friend. You could request a dog walker for a day, track important health stats, access your financial accounts, order your pet's food or medications. You could even refill prescriptions or use a brain teaser to help challenge your mind.
5) Medpack Services - these services prepackage your prescriptions into daily packs which can help eliminate any complication caused by sorting your meds. This can also help you manage your daily dosage. The services could even be covered by insurance.
6) Physical Therapy at Home - Medicare coverage does include some physical therapy at home upon eligibility.
7) Home Renovations - if it’s possible to have home renovations done to help make it possible to avoid stairs then this is a great option. Downsizing could be an alternative.
#bulldogfinancialplanning #hourlyfinancialplanning #retirement #financialplanning #financeseminars #financialeducation